22-26 June 2015
Porto Heli, Peloponnese, Greece
Department of Planning and Regional Development, University of Thessaly
In the last decades, we have all witnessed a series of universal changes and developments affecting cities:
- The formation of urban networks and city-hierarchies under the conditions of economic globalization and European integration.
- The rise of post-industrial urban economies, mainly involving ICTs and leisure activities Emerging new patterns of urban space morphology and landscape
- Climate change, deteriorating conditions of environment and new challenges involving green urban design and sustainable urban planning
- Informational societies, multi-ethic and multi-cultural urban societies.
In this milieu, cities change willfully and ad hoc while scholars and practitioners in design and planning analyse, design and plan cities in order to adapt them to the new conditions.
Conference thematic fields:
- Urban Design in Planning,
- Sustainable Urban Planning & Development,
- Urban Landscapes, Landscape Planning & Design,
- Architectural Design & New Technologies,
- Urban Cultures & Public Open Spaces,
- Historical Centers & Built Heritage Management,
- Environmental Urban Planning,
- Green Architecture & Urban Design,
- Transportation Planning and Policy in cities,
- Urban Planning Laws, Real Estate & Property Rights,
- Urban Economies & spatial impacts,
- Place Marketing & City Branding,
- Shrinking cities,
- Divided cities,
- Resilient cities
- Migration, multinational and multicultural societies & Urban Planning.
The conference aspires to bring together urban planners and designers, architects, landscape designers, urban geographers, urban economists, urban sociologists, and demographers, and investigate all together new challenges concerning cities and their future. The conference aims at becoming an international forum of transaction of ideas on changing cities.